While operating on the QuickBooks application, users sometimes face errors. While some of these are easily fixable, some might be complex. One of the common errors QuickBooks users face is the PS107 error. The error message reads that an internal file has become unreadable. This error code can be resolved by using some effective solutions, which we are going to discuss in this article. So, let’s get into the reasons and solutions for fixing the PS107 QuickBooks error.
If you need help in troubleshooting the error, you can get in touch with our support team at 1-855-948-3646 for assistance.
Why Does the QuickBooks Error Code PS107 Occur?
QuickBooks PS107 can occur due to the following causes –
- Inuit’s server is undergoing maintenance.
- Your QuickBooks payroll subscription has become inactive.
- Your current QuickBooks version is outdated.
- Windows files have become damaged due to some malware infection.
- QuickBooks company file is damaged or corrupted.
You may read also : QuickBooks error 15225
Troubleshooting the Error
Below are some easy steps that you can perform to resolve the QuickBooks update error PS107 –
Step 1 – Updating QuickBooks
Installing the latest QuickBooks updates so that your QB version is updated can help fix the error. Download the latest updates and finish installation using the instructions appearing on the screen. Once done, check to see if the PS107 error is fixed.
Step 2 – Installing Latest Taxable File Updates
Ensure an active payroll subscription and download the latest QuickBooks versions namely – QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Accountant 2019, and Desktop Enterprise 19.0. Save the files and follow the instructions appearing on the screen to install the latest updates.
Step 3 – Ending QuickBooks Processes
Use the task manager to remove QuickBooks processes.
- Open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Go to the Processes tab and choose the process you want to end.
- Select End Process to remove the process.
Step 4 – Using the Selective Start-Up Mode
Reinstall QuickBooks using the Windows safe mode to resolve the QuickBooks payroll error PS107 –
- Open the Run window by pressing Windows + R. Type msconfig and press OK.
- Choose the Selective Startup and Load System Startup options from the Services tab.
- Select Hide all Microsoft Services and tick mark the Disable All box. Mark the Windows Installer check box.
- Restart the system and reinstall the QuickBooks application.
Step 5 – Creating Backup and Switching to Single-user Mode
For switching to single-user mode and creating a local backup –
- Open QB and go to the File tab.
- Click on the Switch to Single-user option.
- Go to the File tab again and select Backup Company > Create Local Backup.
- Save the backup file to your desired location and press OK > Next.
- Once done, check if the error PS107 is resolved.
The above-given steps will help you troubleshoot the PS107 QuickBooks error effectively. If the error persists, you might need professional help. Contact us at 1-855-948-3646 to get in touch with our technical team for assistance with this issue.
This blog is posted on placemyarticle.com