Mehrangarh Fort in Jodhpur, an epitome of glory and royalty, is among the most important and most lovely forts of India. It is one of the essential attractions frequented by travelers from everywhere in the globe. Rudyard Kipling has aptly said that the fort is “a palace that could were built by using Titans and colored by means of the morning sun”.
About Mehrangarh Fort In Jodhpur
Sitting on a rocky cliff, the citadel got here into existence one year after Rao Jodha’s accession to the throne. The fortress is built on Bhakur-cheeria which means the ‘Mountain of Birds’. The fortress derives its name from Mehr-Garh, wherein “Mehr” way solar and “Garh” is castle (the Rathore dynasty changed into a believer inside the solar god). This fort changed into constructed by means of Rao Jodha round 1460 and is enclosed within strongly fortified partitions which stand sturdy even these days. The warfare those walls withstood in the course of battles are still noticeable nowadays in the canon marks present right here.
Best Time To Visit Mehrangarh Fort In Jodhpur
The perfect time to visit this royal splendour is in the course of the winters. During October to March, the weather is satisfactory and it’s miles the right time to explore this superb citadel. If you visit at some stage in this era, you can additionally be part of the international gala’s that take location right here. But before that, scroll all the way down to read about Mehrangarh Fort timings and different vital information.
Mehrangarh Fort Entrance Fee: INR 50 – one hundred
Mehrangarh Fort Restaurant timings: 9 AM – 5 PM (open all days)
Mehrangarh Fort Timing: 9AM – 5PM (Daily)
Reach by : Tempo Traveller in Jodhpur
Interesting Facts About Mehrangarh Fort
Visiting the citadel will certainly make you find the hidden Mehrangarh Fort records. There are numerous narrations stating the fortress being haunted or cursed, are we able to witnessed by means of making plans a go to to this epitome of victory. Following are some thrilling information approximately Mehrangarh Fort:
- Mehrangarh Fort in Jodhpur became built by way of Rao Jodha, who turned into the founding father of Jodhpur town.
- The walls of the fortress are 118 feet high and 69 toes broad.
- The complete fort has awesome identities with tricky Rajasthani carvings and design.
- There are two historic temples situated inside the fortress that bears the work of lots of artists.
- The museum in the Mehrangarh Fort contains artifacts about the Royal circle of relatives in addition to the Mughal Dynasty.
- One can enjoy the conventional folks melodies completed at the doorway of the fortress.
- The Batman series ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ that was released in 2012, has a sizable scene shot at the Mehrangarh Fort.
Things To Do In Mehrangarh Fort
Apart from exploring the architecture of this vast fort, there are few other interesting sights that entice wanderers from throughout the globe. Following is the list of things you could witness right here:
- The Chamunda Mataji temple and Nagnechiji temple, placed in the fort had been attracting wanderers with its charming tales.
- Enjoying the ziplining pastime referred to as Flying Fox.
- Explore the palaces internal Mehrangarh Fort esp. Sheesh Mahal, Moti Mahal, Phool Mahal, Zenana Deodi, etc.
- Enjoy the traditional people tune of Rajasthan accomplished by using the artists clad in Rajasthani costumes.
- One can also go to Chokelao Gardens situated in the citadel premises.
- Every day, greater than 2 hundred eagles accumulate around the fortress. These eagles are fed by the fort control from the pinnacle of the tower throughout Chokelao Gardens, making it an entirely unique experience.
Looking for A Cab to reach Jodhpur – Hire Taxi service in Jodhpur.